The GI Hub yesterday hosted a presentation and panel discussion of Connectivity Across Borders, our latest reference guide, which presents global practices for the successful delivery of infrastructure that crosses national borders. The discussion brought together the GI Hub and Ramboll teams responsible for the creation of the guide with industry expert guest speakers:
- Kaj V. Holm, Treasury Director, Øresundsbron
- Christophe Vanhove, CEO, NeuConnect
- Peter Endrizzi, Secretary, Brenner Corridor Platform
- Catherine Trautmann, European Coordinator, North Sea-Baltic Core Network Corridor
- Alessandro Jannetti, Chief Financial Officer, Tunnel Euralpin Lyon-Turin.
The discussion was a lively and comprehensive overview of the typical challenges of cross-border projects as well as the benefits and opportunities created by these projects.
In discussing the opportunities for sustainable outcomes, Neuconnect CEO Christophe Vanhove noted that “carbon emissions do not stop at borders,” an excellent encapsulation of the potential for cross-border projects to deliver positive and transformative results for communities on both sides of a border.
Watch the webinar video below, and view the Connectivity Across Borders reference guide and case studies here.