8 Sep 21 'New Deals: Attracting institutional investors and mobilising capital markets'
Date & Location
8th September, 2021
Watch the session
About the session
In this panel discussion, participants will be introduced to approaches to attracting institutional investors and mobilising capital markets, hearing solutions and lessons learnt from two recent projects: Continuum Wind Energy's recent green bond issuance worth USD561 million to provide renewable power in India, including supporting the country's post-pandemic recovery, and Liquid Telecommunications' USD620 million bond issuance to support wider broadband connectivity in Africa.
The moderated panel discussion will feature speakers from Continuum Wind Energy in India and Deutsche Bank, and Liquid Telecommunications in South Africa and JP Morgan, sharing insights and solutions on:
- Broad project objectives, including community benefits and sustainability objectives of the projects
- Policy and regulatory environment factors that impacted the deals
- How the projects were structured
- Strategies and approaches used to attract private capital
- Ways in which involvement of the private sector helped achieve public sector objectives.
Welcome and introductions by the moderators
- Introduction to each of the projects by the respective company representatives
- Discussion of factors that resulted in this being an attractive project for institutional investors
- Discussion of nabling factors, including policy and regulatory environment factors, that contributed to the success of this project and lessons that can be passed on to future projects in this and other regions
- Q&A with the audience
Closing by the moderators