The Joint MDB Statement for Crowding-in Private Finance builds on the previously approved Principles for MDBs’ Strategy Crowding-in Private Sector Finance for Growth and Sustainable Development, and the 2016 Joint Declaration of Aspirations on Actions to Support Infrastructure Investment. These ambitions focus on the operationalization of the Principles.
The MDBs jointly committed to:
- Work with client countries to help them strengthen their governance of sustainable infrastructure;
- Review the range of credit enhancement products and expand where feasible;
- Review and strengthen internal incentives for mobilization of private sector financing;
- Identify additional opportunities to work together and provide complementary advisory and financing products; and
- Pursue opportunities for standardisation, harmonisation, and standard-setting.