The G20 Infrastructure Working Group (IWG) Survey on PPP Development underlying this Report provides reference on the frameworks for infrastructure financing through Public-Private Partnership in G20 economies, by focusing on:
- systems of infrastructure policy governance (Chapter 1)
- legal approaches to PPP implementation (Chapter 2)
- mechanisms facilitating return on private investments in PPPs (Chapter 3)
- fiscal and other supportive measures, as well as green infrastructure provisions (Chapters 4 and 5)
- digitalization trends in infrastructure policy (Chapter 6).
The Report aims to provide a better understanding of the countries’ strategies and approaches to PPP implementation and facilitate peer-to-peer learning. Examples of possible measures for policy-making are proposed for consideration on a voluntary basis by G20 countries as relevant in view of country-specific conditions and national priorities.
In addition to countries’ input, this Report also makes use of other public sources, including research by International Financial Institutions (IFI) and relevant line agencies’ websites.