Event Summary: Making infrastructure future-proof and the InfraChallenge 2021 Final
The recording is now available for the GI Hub and Italian G20 Presidency’s InfraChallenge 2021 Final which was held over two-days on 15 and 16 September 2021.
InfraChallenge is GI Hub’s annual innovation competition that advances technology-based solutions for infrastructure. This year, InfraChallenge is supported by the Italian G20 Presidency and is focused on solutions for better and more resilient infrastructure.
Day one of the final offered a range of short, thought-provoking sessions with expert, international speakers who explored how to make infrastructure future-proof. On day two, the top 10 competitors pitched their solutions for more resilient infrastructure and the winner of InfraChallenge 2021, Canadian start-up IRIS, was announced.
Watch the events below, and subscribe to find out when applications open for InfraChallenge 2022.
InfraChallenge 2021 Final Event Day 1
Panel Session: How can we enable innovation for a resilient future? (05:22 - 37:13)
- Anil Sawhney, Global Lead, Construction and Infrastructure sector, Royal Institute of Chartered Accountants (moderator)
- Sara Alvarado, Executive Director, Institute for Sustainable Finance
- Bernadine Fernz, Head of Infrastructure, Open Contracting Partnership
- Paul Lam, Strategy and Policy Officer (Digital and Technology), Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
1:1 discussion: Developing technology partnerships for emerging economies (37:17 – 1:04:27)
- Monica Bennett, Director, Thought Leadership, Global Infrastructure Hub (moderator)
- Reinaldo Fioravanti, Lead Sector Specialist, Inter-American Development Bank
Case study insights: Innovative infrastructure solutions for a more resilient future (1:05:06 – 1:28:35)
- Henri Blas, Chief Content Officer, Global Infrastructure Hub (moderator)
- Piero Pelizzaro, Chief Resilience Officer, City of Milan
- Melissa Zanocco, Head of Programmes, Infrastructure Client Group
InfraChallenge 2021 Final Event Day 2
Welcome and introduction
- Marie Lam-Frendo, Chief Executive Officer, Global Infrastructure Hub
- Laura Palma, Senior Advisor, G7/G20 Coordination Officer, Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance
InfraChallenge 2021 top 10 pitches (06:27 – 1:29:29)
030 Solutions, AKYAS Sanitation, AVUS, Detektia, ESG Base, Greenrail, Infraclear, IRIS, ORIS, Xpert Converters.
Keynote address: Let’s spend better instead of more: Why infrastructure technology is key for sustainability and prosperity
Sadek Wahba, Founder, Chairman and Managing Partner, I Squared Capital (1:29:30 – 1:48:52)
Award ceremony (1:51:10 – 1:56:19)
IRIS is announced the winner of InfraChallenge 2021.