Please note: Applications for InfraChallenge 2020 have now closed.
Global Infrastructure Hub (GI Hub) has launched an international competition designed to disrupt the infrastructure industry through new digitally-driven solutions. InfraChallenge invites applicants from around the world and across sectors to pitch big ideas that will drive digital transformation in a sector that has not been widely disrupted by digitisation.
The competition, which was launched at an event in Sydney, will see the winning entry receive a AUD$50,000 funding package and is calling for digital innovations that can be applied to solve economic or social infrastructure issues and build momentum towards better infrastructure - such as how cities can embrace smart technology solutions to improve quality of life, managing environmental risks with Artificial Intelligence, or the potential for digitisation to improve electricity networks.
Key competition details
- Entries consist of a pitch video, written presentation and executive summary and applications close 24 February 2020. For details visit the InfraChallenge website.
- A shortlist of 20 finalists will be selected in March 2020 and provided with access to industry leaders and the competition partners during an eight-week tailored mentoring program.
- In May 2020, ten finalists will be chosen who receive additional mentoring with MIT Solve.
- Top 10 finalists pitch their ideas and the winner is announced at a live event in June 2020.
- The winning entry team will receive support from InfraChallenge partners MIT Solve to scale their digital solution. The winner will also receive exposure to the G20’s Infrastructure Working Group, ongoing support from the GI Hub and partners, and a funding package of AUD$50,000 to develop their solution to the next stage.
Visit the InfraChallenge website today and share it with your peers. It has everything you need to know and guidance on applying.