Date of effectiveness: 2012
CIF's main purpose is to contribute to economic development and growth, integration at regional level and poverty reduction through the mobilisation of resources for strategic economic infrastructure projects and for support to the private sector.
CIF provides support through investment grants, technical assistance, and risk capital and other risk sharing instruments. The following objectives constitute CIF’s priorities, which are to:
- Create better transport and energy infrastructures which promote interconnectivity, safety, security and efficiency
- Improve access to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructures and improve coverage at lower cost
- Establish better water and sanitation infrastructure
- Promote infrastructure linked to disaster prevention or mitigation
- Address social services’ infrastructure needs.
CIF provides its support through:
- Investment grants
- Technical assistance
- Risk capital and other risk sharing instruments.