The European Investment Bank (EIB) and the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) have set up a joint technical assistance Program to improve the preparation and implementation of infrastructure projects. The PDSF aims to advance preparation, implementation and operation, and promote sustainability, of viable projects.
It provides support of
- Project Definition (scoping and phasing, prioritisation, Terms of Reference),
- Feasibility Studies (legal, regulatory and institutional appraisals, environmental and social impact assessments),
- Project Implementation and operation phase studies and other consultancy,
- Technical Advisory Services and other client support,
- Project Structuring (financing options, legal advice, procurement, negotiations), and
- Project Management